Recipe: Smoky Maple-Mustard Salmon
Posted: Dec 17 2013
It’s National Maple Syrup Day, everyone! Naturally, we wanted to add a little joy to this whimsical holiday and offer you this mouth-watering recipe:
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 4-ounce skinless center-cut wild-caught salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika (or chipotle), pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the salmon.
- Roast until just cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
Per serving: 148 calories; 4 g fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono ); 53 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 276 mg sodium; 434 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Omega-3s
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
Recipe from: http://www.eatingwell.com