Don’t you just love the new year? We do! The promise of change, and the excitement of the unknown, it’s hard to not get totally pumped and decide that this year is the year you’re going to take on the world! … or you know, at least your life.
But whether it’s deciding to change your job, or just reorganize your closet, one way to make sure that you achieve all that you set out to do this year, big or small, is to make a plan.
So to help you get focused and started on the right foot, we’ve put together a list of things you’ll want to do, to reach those goals of yours…
Pens & papers everyone!
Make it visual.
- If you can visualize your goal, you’re more likely to achieve it. So put it on paper proudly (or scribble it in lipstick on your mirror!) in a place that you’ll see it, often. Or go one step further, & create a vision board!
Make a list.
- Every goal should have a “to do” list for getting the job done, step-by-step. Looking at each goal in parts will not only make it feel more attainable, but motivate and encourage you to keep going as you celebrate each accomplish along the way!
Set deadlines. And hold yourself to them.
- It’s often very easy to push your own needs and wants out of the way for something or someone else. But that’s how you got here in the first place. It’s time to make you a priority, girl.
Ask for help.
- We often make the mistake of thinking that people are too busy to help or care about our problems, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. People like to help people who help themselves. So don’t be afraid to speak up!
- Winners don’t win because they never fail, but rather because they never quit. So keep going, because you will get there.
Keep a good attitude.
- Be your own biggest supporter. The better your outlook, the easier the work, solutions, and results come.