Recipe: Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Posted on January 22 2019
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- 100g (3.5oz) rice vermicelli noodles
- 12 rice wrappers/papers
- 6 romaine leaves
- 2 large carrots (or 1 c. shredded carrots)
- 2 green onions
- 1 cucumber, deseeded
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Cook rice vermicelli noodles (Soak noodles in warm water for 20 minutes. Boil 5 cups of water, drop noodles in and cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse in colander.)
- Peel and prep shrimp.
- Chop cucumbers, carrots and pepper into thin matchsticks.
- Tear romaine leaves into pieces approx. 1”x 4”.
- Rinse and chop desired garnishes
- Set up station!
- Place warm water in a shallow pan (I use my round stir fry pan) and dip wrapper into shallow pan for 4 seconds.
- Remove wrapper and place on flat surface
- Place the shrimp (I halved them) on the top third of the wrap.
- Place lettuce and other desired veggies on the bottom third of the wrap.
- Place vermicelli noodles, basil, mint and cilantro on top of the veggies.
- Start to roll from the bottom. Roll tightly until you cover the shrimp.
- Fold the ends in, as if you are rolling a burrito.
- Roll the rest and place on the plate, shrimp side up!
For more recipes check here :