How to Choose the Perfect Sports Bra
Posted on octubre 31 2019
We’ve all grown up hearing that about 80 percent of women wear the wrong bra size. It’s a tale as old as time, bras are complicated and a lot of factors go into choosing the perfect bra. There’s even more at stake when it comes to sports bras. Physical exercise can be extremely damaging to your breasts in the long run if you don’t take the necessary precautions. Sports bras give you the support you need not just during your sweat-sessions but also when you’re out running errands or doing your chores.
Keep these things in mind when you’re looking to get a perfect sports bra:
How your sports bra fits is very important in ensuring you’re getting the support you need. Sadly, there’s no set way to determine which sports bra will be perfect for you unless you try it on. Start with your usual bra size and move up or down sizes depending on your level of comfort.
Some of the indicators that you’ve got the wrong sports bra size are:
- It’s tight and suffocating you
- The band is not at the same level all around you.
- The cups are too small or too big
Know the styles
There are different styles of sports bras that you’ll come across in your search for the perfect one. One such obstacle will be choosing which type of sports bra you want. The two main types are:
- Compression: These press your breasts against the chest and constrict any movement. They’re better suited to smaller breasts.
- Encapsulation: This kind of sports bra has individual cups, like a regular bra, and are better suited for larger sizes.
Depending on your size, and requirements, you can select which one will suit you best. If you plan on going for yoga or Pilates something with more support will be required. But if you’re lounging around or getting work done, something with less support will do the job.
Since your sports bra will be accompanying you to all your sweat-sessions, it’s imperative to pick one that is made of a fabric that will help with this. The perfect sports bra should be made of moisture wicking fabrics so that you experience less sweat and chafing.
These bras are breathable and comfortable when you’re out in the hot summer months; so you’ll be getting the support you need while staying cool and breezy.
According to the kind of activities you’re going to be engaging in, your choice of sports bra will determine the level of support you’ll get. Depending on the shape and size of your breasts, you could opt for a padded bra or one with under-wire so you can enjoy with the optimal level of support. Some sports bras also have side panels that add to the support and comfort you receive.
What you need
The perfect sports bra is tailored to what exactly you need from it. This can be decided once you determine what kind of intensity your workout session will be. The two most popular levels of support you can have are:
- Medium-impact support: These bras are made for moderate-to-high intensity activities like hiking, cycling, Zumba, and elliptical training.
- Low-impact support: These sports bras are best suited to low-intensity workouts like yoga, stretches, and Pilates. While they are made of thinner material compared to the others, they offer enough support for these lower intensity exercises. They’re also great for giving you support while you go out, do chores or walk.
Make the right choice
Keeping all these factors in mind, you will be able to make the right choice when it comes to picking out the perfect sports bra. Climawear offers a wide range of medium and low impact sports bras that are designed to maximize your comfort and flexibility without compromising on support.
Go sports bra online shopping and buy low- and medium-impact sports bras made with our seamless technology, improving your blood circulation and reducing the discomfort normally associated with sports bras. Now you can get on with your day without the fear of wearing a bra that isn’t doing any good for you.