Recipe: Grilled Lobster with Lemon Garlic Compound Butter
Posted on agosto 13 2019
Grilled Lobster with Lemon Garlic Compound Butter
4 X 1 ½ pound live lobsters
1 ½ cups butter, softened
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
1 tablespoon minced shallot
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a rapid boil. Working in batches as necessary, submerge the lobster in the water head first, then cover with a lid. Cook for 2 minutes, then transfer to an ice-bath to cool and stop the cooking process.
- In a bowl, combine butter, herbs, shallot, garlic, lemon zest, and mix well. Set aside.
- Using a very sharp knife, split the lobster into 2 halves. Clean out the tomalley from the body and discard. Season the lobster flesh with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Coat each lobster halve with about 1 tablespoon of the compound butter. Spoon the remaining butter into a small saucepan, and gently heat over medium low until melted.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 425 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, 10-15 minutes.
- When hot, place the lobsters on the grill, flesh side down, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn, and brush the lobsters all over with your remaining melted compound butter. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes until cooked through, coated in melted butter, and smelling like absolute heaven.
- Serve immediately with sliced lemons (and grilled veggies of your choice!). Delicious.
See full recipe here at: