Recipe: Grilled Corn & Market Veggie Chowder
Posted on mai 07 2019
Grilled Corn & Market Veggie Chowder
Makes 4 – 6 servings
5 ears of sweet corn, husks removed
2 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 small leek, finely diced
1 large carrot, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 small green zucchini, diced
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes (about 3), peeled and cut into 1/4 -inch cubes
5 cups Veggie Stock
2 ½ cups heavy (whipping cream)
1 – 2 red chilies, finely sliced
¼ cup sliced green onions
Flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
Serving with grilled bread. Because it’s delicious.
1. When ready to cook, start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until a fire is established (4 – 5 minutes). Set the grill temperature to High, and preheat, lid closed, for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Corn time.! Hit the corn with a small drizzle of olive oil, then season all over with a pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Add the corn to the grill and cook, covered, until lightly charred on all sides (about 20 – 25 minutes). Slice the kernels off the cob then set aside. Try not to eat the corn. It’s hard. Sorry.
3. Heat a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat and add the butter. When melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, keeping a close watch that it doesn’t burn. Add the onion, leek, carrot, and celery, and season with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until the veggies have softened (about 7 to 8 minutes). Stir in the zucchini and potatoes, then stir in the stock, cream, and grilled corn kernels (reserving some kernels for garnish). Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes softened and the soup has thickened (15 – 20 minutes). Give the soup a taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
5. Divide the chowder into bowls, then top with green onions, a hit of cracked black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and if you like it spicy, a few slices of fresh chili. Delicious!
See more recipes here at: